What is considered the upper Sacramento River? What is this? The Upper Sacramento River begins near Mount Shasta, in the Trinity Mountains of Siskiyou County. The River flows east into a small reservoir, Lake Siskiyou, and then veers south, running through several towns, including Gibson, Dunsmuir, and Castella.
What flies to use on the upper Sacramento River? Caddis, mayflies and golden stoneflies call the river home in the spring and the fall, making for excellent dry fly fishing if your timing is right.
Where is the best fishing on the Sacramento River? Discovery Park: Arguably the best fishing spot within the Sacramento city limits, Discovery Park is located at the confluence of the Sacramento and American rivers. It provides extensive shore fishing access to both rivers, along with excellent boat launch facilities.
Where can I fish in Dunsmuir?
- Mossbrae Falls – Access Restricted. 2.1 mi. 87 reviews.
- Hedge Creek Falls. 1.7 mi. 37 reviews.
- Ted Fay Fly Shop. 0.2 mi. $$ Fishing, Outdoor Gear.
- McCloud Outdoors & Gear Exchange. 7.7 mi. $$ Outdoor Gear, Tours, Sports Wear.
- Jack Trout Fly Fishing Guide. 6.6 mi.
- Western Anglers Guide Service. 0.3 mi.