What are the symbols of the Sacrament?
- Baptism. Water, holy oils, white garment, Easter candle, white candle for newly baptized.
- Confirmation. Chrism for anointing, Fire, & Holy Spirit.
- Eucharist. Bread & wine.
- Reconciliation & Penance. Stole.
- Anointing of the Sick. Oil of the Sick for anointing.
- Holy Orders.
What are the 4 symbols of the Sacrament of confirmation?
- 1 Background. The rite of confirmation varies among each denomination and church, though its significance and symbols are similar.
- 2 Anointing the Chrism. The anointing of the holy oil during confirmation is one of the most distinguishable symbols of the rite.
- 3 Sign of the Cross.
- 4 Laying on of Hands.
- 5 Sign of Peace.
What is the symbol of the sacrament of reconciliation? Reconciliation is the symbol of God and the Church who are mutually related. Keys crisscrossed in the shape of an “X” are the most common symbol for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
What symbolism in the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick gives health and strength to the soul? It provides courage, strength, and peace in the face of illness. It helps the sick person to trust in God no matter what happens. It gives the sick person grace to unite his or her suffering to the passion of Christ.