What are the basic beliefs of Jehovah Witnesses?
- God is a single being whose personal name is Jehovah. they also accept the name Yahweh and other transliterations.
- Jehovah is alone, and above all other beings.
- Jehovah created everything that exists.
- Jehovah has a son called Jesus Christ.
- Jehovah’s outstanding qualities are love, justice, wisdom, and power.
How is Jehovah Witness different from Christianity? Jehovah’s Witnesses identify as Christians, but their beliefs are different from other Christians in some ways. For instance, they teach that Jesus is the son of God but is not part of a Trinity.
What are Jehovah Witnesses not allowed? The denomination requires adherence to a strict moral code, which forbids premarital sex, homosexuality, gender transitioning, adultery, smoking, drunkenness and drug abuse, and blood transfusions.
Can Jehovah Witnesses drink alcohol? Jehovah’s Witnesses reject foods containing blood but have no other special dietary requirements. Some Jehovah’s Witnesses may be vegetarian and others may abstain from alcohol, but this is a personal choice. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not smoke or use other tobacco products.