What are individual beliefs and values of teaching and learning? The core of teaching consists of four basic values: dignity, truthfulness, fairness and responsibility & freedom. All teaching is founded on ethics – whether it be the teacher-student relationship, pluralism or a teacher’s relationship with their work.
What is your beliefs about teaching and learning? Everyone is capable of learning. Everyone learns in different ways and learning programs need to accommodate this. Teachers and parents are critical factors in a child’s learning success. Teachers, students and parents accept responsibility for their learning, behaviour and goal setting.
Why teachers views and beliefs are important for teaching and learning? Teachers’ beliefs impact their teaching behavior, learner development, guide their decision-making and interactions with their learners. Beliefs help teachers form their planning, curricular decisions, and identify what should be taught in the classroom.
What are some of your beliefs and values that you think you developed in school?
- Develop a lifelong pursuit of knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
- Be healthy, confident and resilient.
- Accept responsibility.
- Value the pursuit of excellence.
- Accept success with humility.
- Based on principles of love, faith and hope, be willing to understand difference and to honour its value.