How do you use distorted?
- Add grit and texture to a sound (bass for example)
- Brighten a sound (synth or guitar for example) to help it stand out.
- Add weight to an instrument like drums.
- Fatten a sound like a bass guitar.
- Bring life to dull sounds, adding brightness to the top, for example.
- Create a Lo-Fi sound.
What makes something distorted? A distortion is a change, twist, or exaggeration that makes something appear different from the way it really is. You can distort an image, a thought, or even an idea. To say that I never take out the garbage is a distortion of the facts.
What does being distorted mean? adjective. not truly or completely representing the facts or reality; misrepresented; false: She has a distorted view of life. twisted; deformed; misshapen.
What are the three types of distortion?
- Longitudinal shrinkage.
- Transverse shrinkage.
- Angular distortion.
- Bowing and dishing.